Friends of All Saints' Music at All Saints' Parish Church, Leamington Spa
within the worship of the church
and the wider community'
The Friends of All Saints' Music aspires to
- Engage all sectors of the community, within and beyond the church building;
- Ensure the musical life of the church is generous in nature and purpose;
- develop high quality music as part of the Church's offering of worship.
Help The Friends of All Saints' Music support inspiring music.
* Support a Choral Scholar, building on the enthusiasm and talent of a new generation of singers;
* Support an Organ Scholar, developing talent and experience as a joy for today and an investment for tomorrow;
* Sponsor a recital, purchase of music, organ tuning or maintenance, the commissioning of new music, or give an unrestricted donation.
* £675 would support a Choral Scholarship for a year, providing an opportunity for a young person to develop their voice and singing experience in a friendly, supportive environment. If given as a memorial gift (for example), the scholarship can be named after the person concerned. A single term costs £225.
* Similarly, we offer at least one Organ Scholarship per year, enabling a young person to develop their skills and experience and investing in the future of the organ in worship.
* £300 would pay for the organ to be tuned (done twice per year). A partial tune costs £180.
* £125 would sponsor a Bank Holiday Organ Recital, and again, it can be named in someone's memory.
* £75 would pay for the piano to be tuned for choir rehearsals.
* £60 is the typical cost of 20 copies of sheet music for a new anthem.
* £10 is the suggested minimum donation per household for membership of the Friends of All Saints' Music (FASM).
FASM administers all of the above, and more, on behalf of the Parochial Church Council. It auditions for and organises choral and organ scholarships, arranges Bank Holiday organ recitals, contributes towards the cost of music and choir robes, assists with the maintenance and tuning of musical instruments, and more. FASM is also aiming to develop musical outreach in order to generate interest and engagement in high quality music, keep alive the magnificent repertoire of sacred choral and organ works, and inspire a fresh generation of music lovers.
Please contact us if you would like to support its work. Donations can be Gift Aided and are payable to 'Leamington All Saints PCC' for the support of FASM. Your gift will be greatly appreciated and well used.
Thank you very much.
FASM is a committee of the PCC operating a Restricted fund in the furtherance of the support of the musical life of the church.